Monday, February 11, 2013

another rainy day...

It's another glorious rainy day in Phoenix today.  We had quite the storm last week and the kids ended up with a surprise four-day weekend (don't ask) in the midst of it all, so we were able to just lay around and enjoy the novelty that is rain in Phoenix.  I'm not sure if it's because it is so rare, or if it has something to do with the smell of rain in the desert, or perhaps I would just love rain no matter where I lived (Seattle, do I hear you calling my name?), but a rainy day is always my favorite.  The kids read books and played games.  I drank too much coffee and spent most of the morning on the floor coloring and reading with them.  We took a trip to the library.  I dreamed of homeschooling and how lovely it could be if I was just a bit more organized.  And, of course, naps are always better when it is gray outside... even for otherwise, sleepless babies.  
Today it's quiet with the rain drizzling all morning, the kids at school and the baby (miraculously) sleeping again.  I think I could get used to a rainy life.


1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Oh my goodness! The last one of Dot is darn cute!