Monday, January 9, 2012

mindy kaling


for christmas this year i was the very lucky recipient of two fantastic gifts (ok, i also got a milk frother and a new blender and some other goodies, but these two seem to be at the top of my list at the moment...  ok, really the milk frother is amazing).  anyway, i received an i-phone and mindy kaling's new book.  the phone is rad, obviously.  no need to elaborate on that one.  but, this book is fantastic.  i laughed out loud excessively and finally had to walk out of the room so as to not continue to read excerpts aloud to pete.  like when she goes on a mini-rant about how, for some reason, everyone seems to know all the words to the song "jack and diane" without ever having chosen to learn them.  and she can't help but wonder why these kids aren't at home doing homework, or helping with chores around their house.  she suggests a new song, a little ditty about "nguyen and ari," as a new song to inspire the youth of america.  i love it.  i loved this whole book.  let me know if you want to borrow it.  or you can just come over for coffee and i will be one of those annoying people who tells you so many different parts of the book (and in not nearly a funny enough re-telling) that you will finally get frustrated and say, "looks like i don't have to read that book myself now."  but seriously, pick up a copy and enjoy yourself.

5 comments:

Mary Weisse said...

Can I call dibs on it?

Alissa said...

That is exactly what I do! Except i drive people away from actually reading what I am trying to get them to read. I don’t get it...I think I am so funny...

Sara said...

ok that book looks funny - I'll have to check it out!

The Kinkel Family said...

Aaaah! I love that book! And my iPhone...
Mindy Kaling is hilarious.

ellen smith said...

Best ugg boots sale, like UGG Jimmy Choo very much, especially UGG Ultra 5245 Boots White.