Thursday, June 23, 2011

best thing you ever got in the mail?

when i was a kid we used to get big boxes of hand-me-down clothes from our cousins in indiana and those were some pretty exciting packages to receive as an 8 year old.  however, i just got this box in the mail the other day...


and i think it clearly beats out a big box of old clothes (however, if anyone wants to send me hand-me-downs, i am sure that would still be an exciting box to discover on my doorstep...).  anyway, we took our box of treasures and had a fantastic first-day-of-summer-ice-cream-party.  my kids declared it our "best party ever," so i would say it went over rather well.  i posted a bunch of pictures of our fun over here, if you want to take a peek.


i sure do love summer.

5 comments:

Alisha said...

how fun - we might just have to do it too sometime!

irant said...

An ice-cream party! Why haven't I thought of that before? Should definitely do it sometime.

Melanie said...

I'm so happy you put it to good use! Where is your tablecloth from? I love!

brooke said...

I used to make my mom close the box with me in it because I wanted to come visit you. That means they were some seriously huge boxes.

Mary Weisse said...

While rarely got anything out of those hand-me-down boxes, I still remember being so excited to look through them to see what may one day be passed down to me. I would have been more excited if Brooke popped out of the box though.