Monday, May 2, 2011

seven springs: part 1


for spring break last week, my dad and i took the kids on a little day trip up north to seven springs.  when i was a kid it was a common occurrence for my dad to throw all 4 of us kids into his station wagon and take us somewhere in arizona for the day (and occasionally, overnight).  i loved going on these little road trips and was so excited to venture off on one with my own kids and my dad.  my dad thought it was funny that i didn't recognize the drive at all, but i realized i was usually in the back staring towards the clouds and the sky, daydreaming and listening intently to each and every lyric of whatever beatles song was playing at that moment (i recall only ever listening to the beatles, until we were old enough to know there was other music in the world).  so my memories are all of destinations, not on the directions for getting there (that's more erin's thing and she always wanted to have her own thing...).


my dad spotted this little friend in the road on our way in.  
two run-ins with snakes in a week is not my idea of very fortunate circumstances.
my kids would disagree.


i love the way kids just take to wide open spaces and nature.
my rock and stick collector, mr. finn, was in collection heaven...

lucy sat pretending to fish for most of the time...
(until she remembered we packed a picnic and then couldn't stop thinking about eating...)


and jack was in exploring heaven.
hence, most of the pictures he managed to be in, were him off in the distance in a blur as he ran by...


and, as i mentioned, we packed a delicious little picnic...

1 comment:

mamamchale said...

what a dreamy day...mostly the picnic part. such lovely lighting! i am craving a day trip now. i often think....i am just going somewhere away for the day, and then i think about annoying gas prices and think again. i'll have to give it a whirl soon!