so, from the many crumpled old papers i found in the bottom of my purse (note: most of these are 4-6 months old)...
- finn, while holding up a chewbacca action figure to me, "pretend he's peter pan. pretend he's not hairy and he's green and he doesn't talk like chewbacca."
- lucy, "maaaa-om! i have bones inside me?!!!"
- me, "what is going on inside your head?" lucy, "a movie."
- jack (after a late night in which he promised his dad he would get up nicely in the morning) says to me as he is fussing about not wanting to go to school, "he didn't say anything about school. what was dad thinking?"
- finn to mimi after she gave him $10 to buy something at disneyland, "thanks, but disneyland costs more than $10."
- in the spring, lucy was reminiscing about disneyland and her first time on space mountain, "gosh, golly! i did not like that ride!"
- finn, "this is peter pan... and he can shoot bombs out of his face." (yikes...)
- lucy, "would you rather have a regular house or like a truck or car house that you could drive?" after i answered that i would rather have a regular house, lucy told me, "i would rather have a truck or car house cuz then you could just drop jack off at school and none of us would have to go anywhere."
- lucy, "i always like arms to be pillows when i don't have a pillow."
- one morning my stomach was hurting and lucy told me she would take care of me and asked, "would you like ice for your tummy?"
- while ice skating, lucy said, "the ice is so slippy-er!"
- finn, "mimi took us to see 'the stickable knee.'" (despicable me)
- at mojo, i questioned jack's extreme toppings, to which he replied, "that's how i roll." (seriously?)
and a few more from the last week...
- lucy, "when i drink squirt it makes my eyes all glittery."
- finn, "when i'm like 16 or something and i'm grown up and i play real baseball...." (because 16 is really old, as this was finn's guess as to how old i was on my birthday. when i told him no, his second guess was 14... i think we have some learning to do with our numbers still...).
- finn, "lucy, don't we not like bugs?"
- finn, "lucy, don't you love geico?" (as you can see, lucy is the authority on finn's opinions).
- lucy, "i like to lay on the floor while i color because then it kind of gives me a rest at the same time."
- lucy, "mom, can i play with the indiana of the jones' legos?"
- finn, "how do you spell "al"?" after being told, he exclaimed, "A, L! that's it?!!"
- jack, "can lili and i start a book club. like a real book club where we get to go to like a coffee shop or something and talk about our book?"
- lucy, "soccer practice today and first day of homework tomorrow?!! best two days ever!!! hurray!!" (lucy actually uses the word "hurray" in the most sincerest of moments - jumping up and down with true emotion, yelling "hurray!"). i want to save this one for lucy when she is in junior high and feeling lazy and whining about sports practices and homework... best two days ever, remember?
so, i apologize for a very wordy post, but if you are not jack, lucy or finn, it wasn't really for you anyway...
it was kind of for you, though, erin.