Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of july


we had a mighty fine 4th of july weekend at the beach.
we played with cousins.
watched fireworks.
celebrated lucy's 5th birthday.
and ate and drank more than our fair share.
and played many a game of farkle (or would you spell it farkel?)

these two just crack me up...



lots of beach baseball that finn never wanted to end...



finn was always in his "ready position"...



and insisted on "sliding" into home. every. single. time.
he definitely keeps us all laughing...



and, because i am a big dork, i made all the cousins t-shirts with their "grandkid number" on the back (that being the number grandkid they are in the burch family, peter is #1, martin #2, etc. you get the idea).  my crew are numbers 7, 10 and 13.  they were all a little jealous that martin got derek jeter's number...  those crazy yankee fans.  



and let me introduce you to my 2 stinkin' cute Godsons...


overall, most of the time was just spent being crazy with cousins and loving life...
oh, and spy.  lots of spy.



finn took quite a liking to martin.  when we were leaving to drive back to phoenix, finn burst into tears because he was "just playing with martin."  i tried to calm him down and tell him it was ok and we would see them again soon.  "no. we won't see them soon!" finn responded through tears.  bummer.  he's got me on that one.  its hard to live so far from cousins...



another good 4th of july that was over far too soon.
until next year!

1 comment:

Karen said...

I am so in love with those t shirts you made all the cousin's. We also spend 4th of July in Newport Beach every summer with all of our kids and grandkids. I would love to make those shirts for next year. Can you tell me how it is done, or at least the color dye's you use. They are such good colors! Thank you for your wonderful blog. I enjoy it and it inspires me!!!!!