Monday, March 1, 2010

finn's self portrait

to start, all my kids love to draw.  they can spend hours laying around drawing and coloring together.  how lucky for me, since i quite enjoy this as well.  about a month ago finn drew a lovely self portrait of himself that makes me giggle every time i look at it.  i just had to share...


for those of you who have a hard time interpreting abstract art, i thought i might break it all down for you.  i asked finn to tell me what everything in the picture is (some of it i have forgotten and he doesn't seem to remember himself any more either), but here is a little "interview with the artist," if you will...


i think i have a budding artist on my hands.  or maybe an architect, as i mentioned, he usually just draws windows...

3 comments:

emily said...

who knew that finn looked like the guy from goonies...."hey you guys!!"
-pete

the Speiers said...

I like his Yoda ears...

Cory said...

i want a pair of fish pants! cool!