Wednesday, January 13, 2010

of few of my favorite things...

i had a rather nice christmas myself...
am currently trying to learn the many functions of my new camera (hurray!), so here are a few of my favorite things while i practice...

a little something to spark some culinary inspiration...

and because i am a big dork, i was insanely excited over this industrial size baker's twine...

what the kids picked out for me while shopping with pete...

new slippers, jeans and sweater from my sweet mother-in-law (not sure what i wore before i owned this sweater...  i wonder if pete is sick of the fact that i wear it every day...)

and once i figure out the gazillion buttons and functions on my camera, i get to dig into the manual for this (and, still like a big dork, i am super excited)...


my other favorite present i received was date money and a babysitter.
could a present get any better than that?

5 comments:

Sara said...

oooh cool, who are you going to buy for your date? or does it have to be Pete?

Mary Weisse said...

YOU GOT A SURGER!!! YOU NEVER TELL ME ANYTHING!

Alissa said...

You cashed in, sister! So jealous of that serger. I got Julia's cookbook as well and I am super stoked. We switched our Italian Sunday dinners to French Sundays. Mmmm.

becca said...

Surger!!! YAY!! I don't know what I'm more excited for, the new camera or the new surger. What fun at the Burch house! I just set up a sewing station in my hobbit house and I'm super excited.

You Are My Fave said...

That twine is like my dream. Birthday wish list time.