Tuesday, January 19, 2010

gourmet pop tarts?

after discussing the fact that you can no longer seem to find brown sugar cinnamon pop tarts without the frosting anymore (and if you live somewhere that you can still find these, we need to talk about you sending me a box...), christine and i decided we should go ahead and attempt making our own little version of them.  they oozed a little while baking and were more flaky than hard like actual pop tarts, but man, oh, man were they good...



i think basically anything you make with this buttery, flaky crust would be delicious actually...

and if you would like to make this delicious tart crust yourself, head on over to pots and peter pans to see how...

3 comments:

Lucia said...

those are my favorite! i used to eat copious amounts of them at a house I used to babysit in, because my own mom sure as hell never bought them. and absolutely -- no frosting please! I will for sure try my hand at your version.

the southern hostess said...

This is brilliant. They look so good!

Ashley Lynn Fry said...

Oh I just saw the brown & sugar kind without the frosting today... do you really want me to send some?

The ones you made look pretty darn scrumptious... actually I think they look better then regular ones!

:)