Friday, October 9, 2009

the zoo in august

i came across these pictures the other day and jack wanted to know if i had ever put them on the blog.  i hadn't (except for a couple and those were in no way about the zoo).  he asked if i would (particularly the animal ones), so here they are and sorry in advance for the excessiveness.
pink-cheeked and sweaty, i love the phoenix zoo even in august (which, by the way, might be pete's worst nightmare...).  jack had requested to go to the zoo one last time before school started, thus it was added to our list of things to do in our last (sad) week of summer.  therefore, as we sit here in the second week of a nice, cool, breezy october with our doors and windows open enjoying the beautiful weather, we can look back to a sweaty august and be all the more appreciative...  i guess.  i still kind of miss summer...  but don't get me started on that...























really, is it just me?  no one else misses summer?

and on a completely random side note, was it brutally painful for anyone else to watch the office last night?

5 comments:

Sara said...

yeah, I totally miss summer and I'm so depressed that we're heading into the miserable time of year...yuck. Now's the time when I'm seriously tempted to visit Phoenix for a few months and "homeschool".

Anonymous said...

The Office wasn't awkward at all...you're weird. Honestly though, that was the first episode I have ever seen that actually made me physically uncomfortable...like I wanted to throw up...so I did...on Maisie...on the toilet. Now, THAT was awkward.

Pudge

allison speier said...

I miss summer, because I miss Lili, but I am loving this weather. Also, I had to leave the room during the Office rehearsal dinner scene, but I absolutely loved when Dwight kicked that bridesmaid in the face. I guess I am just a sucker for cheap slapstick...or maybe I'm just a sucker for Dwight Shrute.

Taylor K said...

you miss the summer? seriously?

The Schuler Posse said...

Yeah, I was dying during the rehearsal dinner- but the kick in the face ws amazing. I was also thoroughly amused when Dwight kicked Isabelle in the face- and when Oscar danced his way down the aisle-LOL.