Monday, September 14, 2009

my life, the musical


this morning lucy said to me, "can we have breakfast now?" (and then this next part she sang. think feist tune and an attempted feist voice...). "'cuz i'm starving like a millie cow..." "oh, woah, oh!" (she didn't really sing that that oh, woah, oh part, but it seemed like it should have come next...) i actually always have wished my life was a musical, in which the characters randomly broke into song. that's probably why God gave me lucy. my, i am a lucky girl...

oh, and i forgot the part where pete comes in singing "bless her beautiful hide" and jack and finn run in hunched over snapping their fingers like the sharks and the jets...

4 comments:

Hopscotch Kids said...

Loved this! Who can resist a musical especially when it stars your lil ones?!

Mary Weisse said...

If only I can be so lucky someday....
Oh yeah, I also see you have gone to the white background you have been wanting. You need to help me do a blog make-over soon.

Brian said...

I suppose that is better than the "musical" I witnessed at my house a few days ago.

While eating lunch I looked over to see Mary Hope laying with arched back over a dining room chair with her legs in the air singing "if you like it put a ring on it..."

We don't own the song, have never played the song in our house, nor have talked much, if ever, about it.

Perhaps my kids simply like hip hop songs that imply support for marriage. Or maybe they do listen to Beyonce when their mom and dad aren't looking.

jack, lucy and finn said...

i'm gonna say sara's been cleaning the house to beyonce while you are at work...