Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"i just saw a slug bug incredible"

some more lucyisms for today...
- "can you inside this out for me?" as she presents you with a shirt or dress that has been turned in on itself.
- "what means republic?" in trying to learn the pledge of allegiance there were a lot of questions, but this is lucy's signature way to inquire about the meaning of any unfamiliar word. "what means apologize?" "what means fabric?" "what means frustrated?" you get the idea...
- "i don't want finn to see my privacy." jack has been big on asking for privacy while going to the bathroom (i feel his pain, i usually have several visitors myself...), but i guess lucy was a little unclear on what this actually meant...
- "the other day dad was talking to mr. dave and mr. dave opened his mouth to talk and i saw his braided teeth." mr. dave has braces.

(added post publish) lucy just walked in with a little pink weight and a yoga mat and asked, "mom, can me and finn do extrasize and yoga?"

1 comment:

Mary Weisse said...

I liked the story about Dave's braces. When I was a counselor at Vacation Bible School a little girl told her mom that she liked me because I had "bracelets on my teeth." I was very fashionable back in the day. Maybe I should try that again.