Monday, July 27, 2009

#1 - game boards turned surf boards...

"'scuse me, mom?"

this is finn's latest attempt at good manners. if he forgets and screams for me (which is often, unfortunately), he will ask me to go out of the room, so he can try again. then i will hear from around the corner that sweet little, "'scuse me, mom?" this time it was followed by, "can i stand on this?" he was referring to a game board and quickly thereafter my kids came up with this game... grab a surf board (aka game board) and head to the "beach"...


pillows make excellent waves...


but wiping out is really what the fun is all about...


i know you are not only digging finn's awesome surfing moves, but also his awesomely soggy dipe, huh?


and don't mess with lucy because she is a seriously intense surfer...

and jack is just serious, as in most things he does...


i love the way kids imaginations work when they are forced to come up with something that is both active and indoors... also, they are very much missing the beach...


so, there you go. give your kids some game boards for surf boards and pillows for waves (lucy was also a big fan of the blue blanket for water) and see what awesome "moves" they come up with. my kids did this for two hours. no joke. two hours. no fights, no fussing. it was great. and if you are a really cool mom you could dig up some surfer tunes (my kids had to put up with me just singing "surfing safari" until lucy got so embarrassed she asked me to stop...). you could even create some sort of tropical-themed lunch... but that is getting excessive. just give them a game board and see what they come up with...


the end.
for today.

No comments: