Friday, June 5, 2009

lazy summer mornings


i just have to say, june is officially my favorite month. my sister mary seems to think it is too hot, but i must disagree. it is just right. hot enough to go swimming and eat popsicles. hot enough to sweat a little. hot enough for finn to never want to wear a shirt... but just right for playing outdoors and watering flowers in the early morning. and absolutely perfect for eating late dinners on your back porch or out by the pool. i love it. i love fall and i love christmas and i love spring, but still june is my favorite. i think it must be the no school, no schedule, pure laid back-ness of june that i love so much. whatever it is, it is my favorite (and my best)...

and it gives way to beautiful lazy mornings and staying in your pajamas until after lunch...






2 comments:

Mary Weisse said...

Hey. Hey. Hey! I like June! I actually love summer, I was just commenting on the fact that you were failing to mention the downsides of the season in your ode to summer. Sorry if I pooped on your parade, but my comment was not about June; it was about summer in general being hot in Phoenix and how by August we are all wondering why we live here. I am the one who wanted to get married here in June and have my reception outside when everyone said not to (including you)! I will buy you a box of Big Sticks to make amends and we can eat them in the yard while they melt. Good Times.

Mary Weisse said...

PS- We should get a slip and slide