Sunday, May 10, 2009

name our garden gnome


for some reason i have always wanted a garden gnome. not really sure why, but i always have. i thought it would be funny if he had a name and we could move him around to different parts of the yard and make up stories about him... weird, i know, but i still thought it would be fun. for mother's day, i got a garden gnome. my kids are very excited about him, just as i always suspected...
now he needs a name. so, we are looking for suggestions and hope that everyone will participate to make it all the more fun. the best name will be his and the brilliant mind behind it will be awarded something... dinner, maybe? we'll see. i will have to consult pete since the whole thing was his idea. anyway, leave name suggestions in the comments and we will pick next monday to see who the winner is. my kids are very excited to hear all your ideas, so please leave any silly, or wonderful suggestions you may have...

4 comments:

Lucia said...

ok, this is my first suggestion, and I will be making more. "Perfidio." Strange, yes. It's derived (just now,as I made it up) from 'perfidia'(an actual word) which i think means something like untruth, sneaky, lie-teller (though don't tell the kids).Garden gnomes are sneaky little bastards, right? never know where they'll turn up or what they've been up to. You can call him Perfie for short. Eh?... I think you'll be thanking me later.

ErinT said...

my nominations are seamus, hans, and bernard. something irish, something german, and something old-man-ish.

becca said...

ronan the gnoman.

Mary Weisse said...

Sorry I didn't post this in time. I was trying to think of something good. I bet Baabee would have a good idea... I was going to ask him, but know he is away on his trip. I this case I think we should just name it after him and call the gnome, Bilbee, which is the name Dad seems to have made up for himself that nobody calls him so at least there won't be any confusion if he and the gnome are in the same room. Plus, it is a hobbit sounding name and hobbits are very similar to gnomes (at least is my book...don't tell the gnome I said so).