Saturday, May 9, 2009

early mother's day gift


jack made this at school for me and was more than a little upset when i came to pick him up that he had no way of hiding it from me. he does this sad face with shrugging shoulders as if to say, "forget about, just forget about it." i see that face a lot. then on the car ride home he said, "francis and ted are so lucky because francis' dad picked them up, so they can surprise their moms..." he really likes surprises. i think i convinced him that it was very exciting to get an early mother's day gift.
i also just received a fabulous gift without my kids even realizing it... they are hard at work on something in the playroom and told me that they needed me to leave them alone for an hour and not to come in the playroom and that i should just go read or do something on the computer...
computer. check. now i think i shall go read. i wonder how long this quiet can last...

No comments: