Thursday, February 5, 2009

3 sick kids....

emily sent me the email below this morning at work. although i honestly felt terrible for her, i have to admit i laughed. and further, the girl next to me in my office is 3 months pregnant with her first kid and she is very excited - so i let her read this as well.....emily thought i was a horrible person for "bursting her bubble", but oh well.....here it is....

"so, i thought i should let you know that i quit. i am done. indulge me for one minute while i give you a rundown of my morning. i decide we need to go to the grocery store since we are slowly running out of food and to feed ones family is a good thing, along with the fact that fussy mr. finn perked up at the idea of going somewhere. off we go. lucy and finn manage to BOTH throw up at the grocery store. i am already there so i just grab the few things i have left to get and race home. once home, jack really wanted to help put the groceries away, so i said he could. i didn't realize that this meant chucking stuff up onto the shelves of the fridge that he cannot reach. so, up goes the yogurt into my bottle of salad dressing which knocks into the glass of coffee (that i was looking forward to enjoying later, by the way...) and now my entire fridge is covered in cold coffee and balsamic dressing. everything. it spilled from the top shelf down the entire back, in every drawer and underneath the bottom drawers. it was in cracks i couldn't even get to. now, i am trying to finish making breakfast, clean out the fridge and put the groceries away. in my frustration (i realize i have no one to blame, but myself for this, but still...) i slam the bottle of ketchup on the counter and the top flies open and my entire face gets sprayed. i had ketchup on my eyelashes even. i quickly wipe off my face, finish cleaning the fridge and put the rest of the groceries away, all the while lucy is telling me finn has "poopy". when i am done i go to take care of finn to find that his poo has leaked all over the floor because i took his pants off (which he threw up on at the grocery store) when we got home, so he is straight diaper to floor with lovely treats oozing out the side. i change his diaper while he is screaming at me, nurse him lay him down for a nap and now finally have a chance to take a breath. so, i quit. and if you won't let me quit, you may want to fire me because i might have accidentally said shit when the coffee spilled all over the fridge..."

i love my wife

5 comments:

Sara said...

What a day! Don't worry, Emily, my kids hear "accidental" four-letter words from me on a regular basis. It seems that the rage that I prevent coming out of my hand/foot connecting to their behind flies out of my mouth instead. Oh well.

Sara said...

By the way, you definitely deserve to go to Starbucks later.

Lucia said...

Laughing too hard to say anything, except I love your wife too!

Lucia said...

oh, and if you do fire her, pete, send her my way for a stiff drink. i'd hate to drink alone...

Brian said...

It's a good thing Emily didn't include actual time references in her run down, because the ketchup spraying her face may have actually coincided with Pete's sending of a mass e-mail to the man-list inquiring about details of the upcoming Purple. Her ignorance of such facts no doubt spared your kids the scandal of words (no doubt, justified) I cannot even fathom.

Also, if by imitation our kids manage to remind us of our occasional oral mishaps, it would seem that Sara is quite fond of the curse word "stinky butt." Ahh, someday they will learn how to really curse. God help us.