Monday, January 19, 2009

a few of my favorite things...

for christmas, bev gave me these awesome vintage pickle jars (the one with the lid i got from ikea) that i had been coveting for this idea i had to display pictures. i had shoe boxes full of old pictures, contact sheets, etc. that i didn't really know what to do with, so this is what i decided... now people can reach in and look through the old pictures, rather than having them just sit in a closet waiting to be discovered and they look pretty through the glass. bev set me on to the idea of hanging some on the outside with twine...




top of my wish list from this christmas to forever is going to be fabric. zach gave me some awesome fabric (along with the most amazing pinking shears). now the decision of what to make it into... more on that later. i enjoy just looking at this site and dreaming of what wonderful things i could make...


pete and the kids gave me these mixing bowls that are my absolute favorite. i had them once before and over time they all got lost or broken and now i have them again. whoever was the first to put a pour spout on a bowl was a genius...


and, finally, what may have been my favorite christmas present (thanks, al), this book. if you want to learn how to sew, i highly recommend it. the projects are fabulous and the instructions are so easy to follow. i like anything that is willing to bend the rules and show you the short-cuts...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you sure bev didn't want you to mix up a batch or two of homemade pickles and share?

Sara said...

my thoughts exactly... do you remember when I blogged about pickles (http://familyfairytale.wordpress.com/2008/06/25/yum/)? That's the difference between me and Emily... she makes her pickle jars into something artistic and beautiful, and I just make pickles. Sigh.

Lucia said...

ever check this site, em: www.contemporarycloth.com ? they have vintage remnants and all the amy butler fabric, and some pretty fab things besides.