Sunday, January 4, 2009

balboa

two days after christmas we were ever so lucky to get to head over to california for some relaxing at "g.g.'s beach house" (as our kids call it). it seemed everywhere we went, however, i forgot my camera, which pete, of course, thought was hysterical. i think he was actually trying to avoid reminding me to grab it. oh, well. i guess i was able to be more a part of it all that way... i guess... here are the couple of pictures i managed to take...
we took lots of walks and got to hear finn say, "boat, waawaa. boat, waawaa" about 372 times. first thing in the morning (after deliriously, with eyes still closed, asking for blue mcqueen) he would start asking to go on a walk (remember how finn is like our little puppy...). he would hop up in the stroller and say (really yell), "bucko me, peas! bucko me, peas, mommy!" (this in reference to wanting to be buckled in to the stroller). finn also picked up the phrase, "oh, my goodness!" while we were at the beach... still not sure where that came from. jack and pete played lots of football on the beach and in the street and jack's big highlight was getting to go across the ferry with just dad to play video games. all lucy wanted to do was ride her bike and roll in the sand. she does really, really love the beach. finn still refuses to stand in the sand barefoot. he was standing down by the water in the mud and his shoe got stuck and his foot came right out and went into the mud. you would have thought a shark bit him on the leg he screamed so loud. we got to see the speiers and the kewels while we were there and g.g. and grandad overlapped with us for the last two days. finn could not wait for grandad to get there. we kept asking him what he was going to do when grandad got there and he would say, "tacko (tackle). tacko, gwandad."




a few weeks back grandad started this game with finn where they both say "me" to each other ("me." "no, me." "me."...) i think this is what has since put grandad on the top of finn's list. if finn says me about anything at all and we say "me" back to him, he chuckles and says, "huh, me, gwandad."
oh, and finn is obsessed with bagels and cream cheese...


1 comment:

sara said...

the cream cheese face reminds me of Martin and Bridget at that age... they had the same obsession, and it's why we still call stools at the counter "bagel chairs"